The Top 5 Warning Signs When Interviewing an Agent to Sell Your Home in the Grand Forks and Fargo Area
Nick Leavy here, Broker/Owner of EXIT Realty Heartland. Over my 13+ years in this business in North Dakota and Minnesota, and having managed and worked with hundreds of real estate agents, I've compiled a list of my top five warning signs when interviewing a listing agent to sell your home.
- The Agent shows up late without a courtesy call. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, it doesn't matter. This is a sign of lack of basic scheduling skills and more importantly, lack of respect.
- They Are Unprepared. Do they sit down at your table with a fist full of unorganized papers or none at all? Ask for their marketing plan and if they don't have one, be wary.
- They Talk Negatively About Their Competitors. It shows a lack of class and professionalism. All other brokers in the marketplace will bring buyers to your home. Your agent should have a good relationship with them regardless of their personal views.
- They are Willing to Take The Listing For Any Price and for Any Commission Rate. You would think, "Hey Nick, we're getting a good deal!" Let me put it to you this way; If an agent is willing to list your home at any price, regardless of market data, expect to be hit up for a price reduction. If they roll over that easy, how are they are going to be when negotiating your contract? You may save 1% in commission and lose 5% in price through the negotiation process!
- They tell you buyer agents will call you directly to set up showings. One of my biggest pet peeves. Why are you paying this agent? Do they not have staff or a system to set up showings? You shouldn't have to speak with buyer agents....ever.
These are only five of the many warning signs when hiring a Real Estate Agent to sell your home. I have more! Pricing mistakes, bad photos, insufficient signage, staging, lighting, etc.
Call/email/text me directly. Hiring the wrong agent will cost you thousands.
Nick Leavy - Broker/Owner
EXIT Realty Heartland
416 DeMers Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58201
C: 612-236-5331 P: 701-205-1350 F: 701-205-1351
SEARCH FOR YOUR NEXT PROPERTY - www.iHeartExit.com