Buying a Home
DID YOU KNOW?! Getting representation as a buyer is free. Always remember, the real estate company on the sign represents the seller and works in their interest. You absolutely NEED representation as a buyer. We will represent, negotiate, and protect you through the entire process.
How can we help? Here's a short list;
- We will set up all your home showings and tour them with you. We'll point out any issues we observe.
- We'll do a comparable analysis on properties you're interested in to make sure you go into the negotiation with your best foot forward.
- We complete and explain ALL paperwork involved in the transaction. We'll go through it line by line and explain the ins and outs of every aspect so you can be best prepared.
- We'll negotiate for you. You tell us what you want to do and we'll fight for your interests. There are many nuances in the purchase agreement and many different tactics to take when dealing with a listing agent and seller. We're well versed and will help you get the best deal.
- After agreeing on a purchase agreement, we'll guide you through the rest of the process. Inspections, financing, closing docs, final walk throughs, etc. You wont go into these alone.
How do we get paid? Believe it or not, our compensation if paid by the other broker as a standard practice. For instance; If a seller lists their home for a 7% commission, half of that commission goes to the broker representing the buyer(us) and the other half goes to the listing broker. We're completely independent from the other brokerage. This system was put in place to help listing brokers secure qualified buyers.
Everybody wins! Call us for a no pressure consultation to get the scoop.
EXIT Realty Heartland is made up of people, and people buy and lease property. We’re not just experienced real estate professionals in the Grand Forks, East Grand Forks and surrounding real estate markets, we’re property buyers too. It takes more than a trained real estate agent to understand the needs and concerns of buyer clients. It takes someone who has been there, someone who has the same concerns and experiences when they’re shopping for property.
We don’t want to minimize the technical aspects of the home buying process though. Every year it becomes more complex. Between government legislation, environmental laws, mortgage documentation requirements and the legal aspects of a home purchase, the home buyer must be on top of all aspects of the process, or be helped by a professional.
The professionals at EXIT Realty Heartland are here to assist buyers.